Sunday, January 2, 2011

Card Ideas - Birthday & Baby

Happy 2011 Everyone!

This weekend has been a productive one.  With the half price paper sale I've taken inventory and organized.  It is good to have all my paper in one place again.  

It seems like when I go through my papers (or stamps) I see them again and thankfully was inspired.  That is a really good thing because my niece's birthday is coming up.   

This card uses Miss Moxie - SWIC, cardstock and hardware.  The stamp set is "Tail Feathers", such a cute set, especially for a girl who loves to dance.

I used Copic markers from Caboodles sets C and G...
Y32, 35, 38; YG11, 13, 17; YR12, 15, 18; and R29


I used a 1" circle punch to make the cut out for the eyelet.  The background sky and ground are pastel chalk. 


Inside, I used another image and Happy Birthday from the Tail Feathers set.



I have a second card idea for you.  This one for a baby shower next week.  Yay - baby shower!

This was inspired by a card created by Laurie Willison.  Check out her blog for inspiration, she has an amazing simple-elegant-clean style.  I changed a few things...papers, colors (from girl to boy), added the crimped paper (Laurie used patterned paper with a white scallop edge) but overall the layout is the same.


I particularly loved the details on the image, those I copied...the one rounded corner on the image, the button wheels and brads at each end of the pull.  Great detail, which adds so much.
This is a great stamp set - an all season called Everyday Events.  The image is colored with Copic markers B91, YG93, N1 and N4. 

Hope you enjoyed these card ideas.

Abundant Blessings,
Deb
 





5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Debra! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration...these cards are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are loverly! Did you see I gave you a blog award? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH thank you so much for the shout out! Your cards are always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT A GREAT CARDS...I LIKE IT..

    ReplyDelete