Friday, February 4, 2011

Retiform Blog Hop

Today is the Retiform Blog Hop!  I have never done this technique, so after searching online and watching a few youtube videos I gave it a try. 


I started by thinking about colors and selecting stamps.  I decided to go vintage - can you believe it?!?  I love vintage sets but quite honestly I don't use them very often...although today they came out.   

I chose 2 sets "Vintage Backgrounds" and "Fly Fairy" and thought I would try to create a masculine card.  

I started with 2 pieces of white cardstock (1.5" x 3.5" & 3.5" x 5.5"), a black pen and some sticky notes.  I placed the 1.5" x 3.5" piece of cardstock in the center of the 3.5" x 5.5" cardstock, then traced around the rectangle with the black pen.  I sectioned the outer frame. 

The outer frame was masked and the bicycle was stamped in the 1.5" x 3.5" rectrangle.  I used Cognac Palette ink and a sponge to ink the edges.  On the opposite side of the line I sponged Burnt Umber Palette. I repeated that pattern.    


The finished image was matted on Bazzill Raven and the base card is Bazzill Pinecone.  I added a piece of brown twill ribbon to finish it off.

This is a great technique!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the retiform blog hop.

Hope your day is blessed!
Deb





26 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this ... It all works like it is suppoed to "go" that way. Your card is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, that is very unique. I've never seen it done that way with the lines defining each area. Very neat and attractive design. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You nailed the vintage! It's great! I like the added defining lines and the shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - love the vintage look. The brown twill completes a perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love how you defined each area. I would never have thought to do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWzers Deb! I've NEVER seen any RETIFORM done like this and I LOVE it! Incredible! 5-stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! This is just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't always love the vintage look, but I absolutely love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you placed the technique as the background. This is a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love this!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!! You RRROCKED this technique!!! I LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card. I never would have guessed this was your first Retiform card. Lover-ly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it! You do vintage wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debra - simply amazing! I love the dark lines seperating each area...it's a great twist on the technique and on that I like very, very much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What Karen said! My son would love this card too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how vintage this is! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wowzers! for your first time doing this technique, you did GREAT. Love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card. I love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  19. For never having done this before, I think this is remarkable! You did hit the nail on the head with the vintage! It looks fabulous, and I'm a big fan of vintage! Really a well done card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this card! I've had that set for a while and haven't been able to create anything I really like. I'm so copying your idea! Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this - a perfect masculine card! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of those cards I just CAN'T STOP LOOK AT! I'm going to CASE it today ... I think! I just LOVE it Deb!

    ReplyDelete