Monday, February 14, 2011

Simply Sweet

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is my day as guest designer on TAC Savvy Projects Blog and the set I chose was "Simply Sweet". Love this set - so versatile.

Here are the cards I created...

Cardstocks used today: Bazzill Berrylicious, Dark Sky, Bumblebee, DCWV Green Apple and White Caboodle cardstock.

The Tree




For this first card, I popped the 2 center portions of the tree, to make the canopy look full and 3-D. I took the liberty to add some extra detail with a Copic multiliner pen. The image was colored with Copic markers - YG11, YG13, YG17; R29; E55, E57, E59; Y38. The background is blue Pastel Chalk. Love using chalks as a sky background, so soft and airy. The Nestabilities dies used are Standard Circles Large & Labels 3.



The red flowers were the feature I repeated by stamping the red frame with similar flowers from "Simple Starters" (base catalogue). Lastly, I added a button and red scrappers floss detail and stamped the sentiment - which could be anything...thank you, happy birthday, thinking of you...


Feel Better Bear
 

I used a 1.5" diameter punch to create the circles, to nest them I used the 1.5" punch again. For the notches I used a 1/2" diameter punch, then added a white brad in the center.



The image was colored with Copic markers - R24, R29, R59; YG11, YG13, YG17; B41, B45, B37; E55, E57, E59; Y32, Y35, Y38; W-1. The balloons were layered and the black string feature was repeated with the added black scrappers floss.


I'm Sorry Puppy


Card 3 - This was actually the first card I created and started the design theme of pulling out features of the stamped image and repeating them. I created the slats of the dog house with 1/2" strips of cardstock. I inked the edges of the slats with Noir Palette ink and added screw brads to mimic the image.


The bowl and dog were popped to add dimension. What a face! Copic markers were used to color the image and blue pastel chalk added for the background. The bowl was colored with silver colored pencil and bone with Copic W-1.


The Dress


For the background, I was looking for swirls like the hanger and found "Wonderful News" in the Fall Supplement. I used Brilliance Platinum Planet ink. The red bow feature was also repeated.


I stamped the image twice - once as the base image then again to create the layered dress. The bow and straps were colored with R29 & R59 Copic markers. I used a glue marker and Prisma Glitter to create the sparkly dress. I cut out the dress and layered it on a base image like the dress is hanging on the hanger. The dot background is W-1 Copic marker. The hanger was colored with a silver colored pencil and red accents are Copic marker.


One Layer Wonder


Copics: BG01, BG05, BG09, W-1, W-3, W-5, YR61, YR65, YR68


Hope you enjoy the rest of the blog hop!

Hope you have a Fabulous Day!
Deb











6 comments:

  1. Your cards are FABULOUS!!! I love them all! The details, the colors, the layouts ... just wonderful!!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra you always inspire me!!!! Fantastic job on every single card. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is beautiful~ love the 3-D tree and the dress! I wish I had this set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards. Love the themes that you used through out. Wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, Deb. The fish card is your one-layer one, isn't it? I love it too. You did FANTASTIC. I left another comment at Savvy!

    ReplyDelete