Monday, June 4, 2012

LMM: Park Glen Door Die

There is new release at Little Miss Muffet.  I have been SO excited about this one - Barbara has designed this fabulous die!  There are more dies in the works we are told.  Can't wait!  This is Park Glen Door Die.
I used all the pieces the die punches on this card.  There is the screen door frame, 3 hinges (that work), the door plate with keyhole, door handle and key.  This was SO fun to play with!

The designer paper is My Mind's Eye "Howdy Doody".  I cut the door opening in the patterned paper. I also cut a door out of Bazzill Walnut (Door frame) and Java (hardware).  

To add the screen (thanks Barbara!), I add some double sided tape to the back of the brown door, then laid it on the mesh screen material.  Then I could trim around the perimeter of the door.  This is a 5.5" square card.  The door is approx. 2-9/16 wide x 4.5" tall.  It would make a lovely window too.

I added a couple mini antique brads to make a door knob and hook for the key.  Last night, when I was lying bed I got to thinking it would be pretty easy to make the door latch and the handle work - hmm - next time.  The verse is from a TAC stamp set. 

One other thing - I used my Grand Calibur with this die (normal base and cutting plate) and it cut and embossed all at once.  Love that!

Challenges:
Catch a Bug - Anything Goes
Secret Crafter - Anything Goes
Great Impressions - Use a die cut or punch

Thanks for stopping by today...
Blessings,
Deb  

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Debra, I love those papers so much, one of my faves at the moment, this door is just FAB, I love it. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo awesome! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a "must-have" die, Debra, and you have done a great card with it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debra! Mr. Linky is back up at Great Impressions Stamps here:

    http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2012/06/challenge-4die-cuts-or-punches.html

    Again, I apologize on behalf of Mr. Linky :) and us. So please hop on over and post your lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this! I love making screen door cards but hand cutting them is not fun! This might just have to be a "need" for my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful use of the new die! Love it

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous piece, thank you so much for joining us this week for our Anything Goes Challenge a the Secret Crafter
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love it so much!

    Thanks so much to sharing this lovely job with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. neat card thank you for playing our anything goes challenge this week at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the screen door is fabulous! Very clever! Wonderful card! Thank you for sharing your creation with us in our "June Anything Goes" challenge at Catch The Bug! We appreciate that you played along!! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a brilliant idea and I love everything about it! The papers are perfect, the door opening and even using all the hardware - perfect! I might have to add this to the store. :D

    ReplyDelete